Serious Injuries & Wrongful Death
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Serious and Catastrophic Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Dog & Animal Attacks
Premises Liability / Slip & Fall
Auto & Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Automobile and Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Driver Fatigue
- Drunk Driver Accidents
- Low Speed Accidents
- Side Impact and Rear-end Collisions
- Broken Bones and Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- What to Do After an Accident
- Trucking Accidents
- Federal Trucking Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT
Knowing what to do following a car accident can make a big difference not only in your health and wellbeing, but also in how much you will be able to recover for damages and injuries associated with the accident.
Based on information provided by the Consumer Protection Association of America and the extensive experience of our own auto accident attorneys, Scott W. Schiff & Associates recommends taking the following steps if you are injured in an automobile accident:
” I was fully stopped at an intersection when a car slammed into my truck at almost 40 m.p.h. The impact broke gears in my transmission and fused our 2 vehicles together. Several months and 3 back fusion surgeries later I couldn’t get the insurance company to pay my bills, or fix my truck. I have always been honest, and thought the insurance company would simply pay the costs. They attempted to claim I wasn’t really injured. Scott, he just took care of me! It wasn’t like I was dealing with an attorney, it was like (family). He fought for me. I hugged him at the settlement, and that’s saying something. He’s changed my life for the better.”
Serious Injury Results
This is a small sample of our results. Many case results are not listed because of confidentiality rules and agreements.
- $4,800,000 - Elbow fracture with resulting Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD).
- $ 2,750,000 – Open arm fracture and elbow dislocation necessitating many surgeries, including surgery to fuse elbow. Concussion, chronic pain.
- $ 2,250,000 - Motorcycle accident. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), with evacuation of subdural hematoma. Bilateral femur fractures, kneecap fracture, scapula fracture, shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff tear, pneumothorax (collapsed lung), abdominal injuries.
- $ 685,000 – Lumbar spinal compression fracture, ACL tear, scarring.
- $ 605,000 – Head injury, leg (tibia) fracture, cervical and thoracic spinous process fractures, low back pain.
- $ 505,000 – Wrongful Death
- $ 90,000 – Products Liability; 3rd degree burn to leg with split thickness skin graft; post traumatic stress syndrome.
- $ 80,000 – Aggravation of previous back injury after slipping on a piece of clothes hangar at a department store.
Scott Schiff & Associates
Click on the Attorney’s Picture Below to Read More!